Cedar Bat House - Explorer
We call it the 'Explorer' because we built it for those who are just 'getting into’ bats or are on a budget - it's a great place to start a bat habitat journey! Designed specifically for the cooler climates north of the 49th parallel, all of our Bat Houses meet or exceed the criteria for occupancy success established by the internationally-recognized group Bat Conservation International. This compact and ready-to-mount Bat House has pre-drilled holes for ease of installation. Made of durable cedar, it's also finished with an environmentally safe wood stain.
The interior walls are grooved so that bats have edges to cling to.
See full size photo
||Exterior Wood Stain Colours
- House is fully assembled and easy to install
- Made from rough sawn Western Red Cedar
- Finished with a UV-resistant environmentally-friendly stain. Read more
- Bottom is open and is self cleaning
- Inside (two sided) slot ladder in the roosting chamber for bats to climb and roost
- One roosting chamber with standard 19 mm (3/4 inch) chamber gap
- Pre-drilled mounting holes.
- Online installation instructions
- Overall dimensions (LxWxH): 24 x 9 x 106 cm (9.5 x3.5 x 42 inches)
We recommend you place your Bat House:
- On a post, tree
or building wall at least 10 feet above the ground,
- In a
location facing south / southeast,
where it will receive 7 hours or more of direct
sunlight per day.
- In close proximity to a permanent stream
or pond - this is essential. (Bats will drink
from a swimming pool, however!)
- Nearby to a wooded area - this is where bats take cover when danger is near.
|Bat House, Explorer, Single Chamber, Cedar, Ebony Tone stain